Breaking News

Community

MAYORWatch: What Time of Night Can I Ask my Housemate to be Quiet?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: Please inform me at what time of the night may I ask my housemate to please be quiet? Thanks, I would like to know my rights. Answer: Mahalo for your question. I think this issue is something many of us have dealt with in our lifetime as renters …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: Where Do I Look Up Property Title Information?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: Aloha Mayor, maybe you can point me in the right direction. On the County’s property tax site, it shows the property tax info and one name on the title. Where do I go to look up the title showing all owners and their respective interests in the property? …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: Can the West Papa Avenue Crosswalk Be Brightened?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: What can be done to brighten the marked crosswalk on West Papa Avenue at the intersection of Laau Street for our kupunas and community? Answer: Mahalo for your question and time. My staff contacted our Department of Public Works to review future plans for this area. The improvements …

Read More »

2019 Arbor Day Garden Expo and Tree Giveaway on Nov. 2

Pick up a free native tree, enjoy keiki activities, hear from guest speakers and participate in Hawaiian cultural practices at the 2019 Arbor Day Garden Expo and Tree Giveaway on Saturday, Nov. 2, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Maui Nui Botanical Gardens (150 Kanaloa St., Kahului). During this free event, 1,000 Hawaiian trees will be given away, …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: Questions Regarding Long Term Rental Tenants

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: Aloha Mayor, I love the work that you are leading to track down illegal short-term rentals. However, I have some issues regarding long-term tenants, including parking overflow in front of my house and houses rented to multiple groups rather than a single group. I hope I was able …

Read More »

Candlelight Vigil to Remember Those Killed by Domestic Violence

A candlelight vigil remembering victims who have lost their lives to domestic violence and in support of survivors will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 16 on the lawn of Ka’ahumanu Church on High Street in Wailuku. The vigil is being held in observance of October as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Candles will be provided. Prior to the …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: How Would I Go About Applying for A Board or Commission?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: Mayor, could you please help me with my question. I’m interested in applying for one of Maui County’s Boards and Commissions, but I’m not sure which one and I don’t know what the requirements are (if any). Also, when is the deadline and how do I apply? Answer: …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: Why Aren’t Maui Health Inspection Records Available Online?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: With so many restaurants getting Red Health Inspection ratings, why are Maui inspection records not included in the State of Hawaii searchable website. The State of Hawaii Inspection Health Portal website only lists Hawaii Island and Oahu inspections. This would be great for transparency as well as to …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: How Can the Community Get Water Fountains at Upcountry Skate Park?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: There are no water fountains at the Upcountry Skate Park in Pukalani. What steps can community members take to change this? Answer: Mahalo for your question and it seems that someone already took steps to address this issue by bringing it up during my administration’s Upcountry community budget …

Read More »

MAYORWatch: Can the Public Attend the Upcoming Housing Forum?

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff. Question: I heard there was going to be a housing forum this month at the MACC. Can the public attend this event or is this only for contractors/developers? Answer: Yes, you can attend this event! In fact, I encourage you to come and share it with your friends and …

Read More »