The National Park Service (NPS) is working service-wide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis.
Beginning Friday, June 12, 2020, the following areas in Haleakalā National Park are accessible to the public daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The Summit District of Haleakalā National Park, from the park entrance to the summit at 10,023 ft. elevation. Park entrance fees continue to be temporarily waived.
- Headquarters Visitor Center public restrooms at 7,000 feet (the visitor center building remains closed)
- Haleakalā Visitor Center public restrooms at 9,740 feet (the visitor center building remains closed)
- Hosmer Grove Trail
- Supply Trail from Hosmer Grove to Halemauˈu Trail junction (Halemauˈu trail remains closed)
- Leleiwi Overlook Trail
- Pā Kaˈoao (White Hill) Trail
For more information about Haleakalā National Park Operations visit www.nps.gov/hale.