MAYORWatch: How Do I Report a Streetlight That’s Out?

File courtesy image.

Mayor Michael Victorino answers weekly questions submitted to his office staff.

Question: How do I report a streetlight that’s out near my home? I’m worried it might be difficult for elderly people driving at night.

Answer: Mahalo for asking this question because I believe it’s a good reminder for the public.

Please report streetlight outages to Maui Electric Company by calling its 24-hour trouble line at 871-7777 on Maui and (877) 871-8461 on Molokai and Lanai. You can also go online.

MECO will ask you for the number located on the pole and the location of the streetlight. It’s important to report nonworking streetlights when you see them to help improve safety of our roadways. Mahalo for your assistance.

Want to Ask the Mayor? Submit your Maui County related questions to Mayor Michael Victorino by email at [email protected], by phone at 270-7855 or by mail at 200 S. High St., ninth floor, Wailuku 96793. Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column; to request a personal response to a concern, email [email protected]



Check Also

Mandatory Water Shortage Restrictions End for Upcountry, West Maui

The County of Maui Department of Water Supply announced that it is ending Stage 1 …