Malfunctioning Appliance Possible Cause of Kahului Elementary Fire

Maui Fire Department personnel responded to a structure fire at Kahului Elementary School on Friday morning.

Crews arrived following a 5:48 a.m. alarm to find a copy room with major smoke damage. No fire was present at the time.

MFD is calling the fire accidental and as being possibly caused by a malfunctioning electrical appliance.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Hawaiian Airlines to maintain Ohana by Hawaiian service to Moloka‘i and Lāna‘i

Hawaiian Airlines today announced it will continue to provide ‘Ohana by Hawaiian passenger flights between …