Breaking News

Generator Combustion Causes Fire, Injures One

A storage structure caught ablaze on Monday after fumes from a portable gasoline generator combusted.

Maui Fire Department officials say the incident took place on Eleu Place in Kihei shortly after 7:30 p.m.

Officials say the fire broke out after the generator was refueled and an attempt to restart was underway.

One person suffered injuries as a result of the explosion.

The generator and most of the storage structure’s contents were destroyed, per MPD. No damage was done to the primary structure on the property.

Comments

comments

About Jamilia Epping

Avatar

Check Also

Office on Aging issues warning on genetic testing fraud in Hawai‘i

Across the nation and in Hawai‘i, genetic testing company representatives are offering “free” genetic tests …