With National Nurses Week kicking off May 6, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Best & Worst States for Nurses.
In order to help new nursing graduates find the best markets for their profession, WalletHub compared the relative attractiveness of the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from monthly average starting salary for nurses to health-care facilities per capita to nursing-job openings per capita.
The Nursing Market in Hawaii (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 30th – Monthly Avg. Starting Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 47th – Health-Care Facilities per Capita
- 51st – Nursing-Job Openings per Capita
- 45th – Average Annual Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 16th – Avg. Number of Work Hours
For the full report, please visit: