Governor David Ige and Lieutenant Governor-elect Josh Green will be sworn-in on Monday, December 3 at the State Capitol Rotunda. The public event is open to the public.
This will be Governor Ige’s second inauguration. He was initially sworn in as the 8th governor of the State of Hawai‘i on December 1, 2014. He will be accompanied by his wife, First Lady Dawn Amano-Ige and his three children, Lauren, Amy and Matt as he takes the oath of office for his second term.
This will be the first inauguration for Lieutenant Governor-elect Josh Green, formerly a state senator from Hawai‘i Island. He will be accompanied by his wife Jaime and children 11-year-old Maia and 8-year-old Sam.
- 10:30 a.m. — Musical Prelude by the Royal Hawaiian Band and The Kamehameha Schools Children’s Chorus
- 11:25 a.m. – Processional of the inaugural party. Former Gov. George Ariyoshi and Jean Ariyoshi, Former Gov. John Waihee and Lynne Waihee, Former Gov. Ben Cayetano and Vicky Cayetano, Former Gov. Linda Lingle, Former Gov. Neil Abercrombie and Dr. Nancie Caraway.
- Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald will administer the Oath of Office to both Gov. Ige and Lt. Gov.-elect Green.
- Traditional 10-cannon salute by the Hawai‘i National Guard
- Brief remarks by both Gov. Ige and Lt. Gov. Green.