- This event has passed.
Wailuku First Friday
August 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Wailuku First Friday (WFF) is this Friday, August 4, 2017. This free family event will be held from 6-9pm on historic Market Street.
Besides great food and crafts, WFF will include entertainment:
- Maui Thing Stage: Request Music presents Uptown Getdown 9: 2 vs 2 B-Boy Battle hosted by Kid Kharma & DJ Joralien. Sign ups at Request Music at 5pm.
- Wailuku Banyan Tree Park: Nevah Too Late, 6-9pm
- Iao Square: Get Up and Dance Maui
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
- Wailuku Coffee Company: Art Show Opening Reception featuring Brian Debris, 6-9pm
- Historic Iao Theater: “9 to 5: The Musical,” 730pm
- Art on Market: Ducks for Bucks Campaign – Rubber Duck Sales to benefit the Iao Theater
- Fresh Island Art Gallery: “Makana Ola Designs” Fashion by Cathy Yago
- MAPA’s new location: 2027 Main St. – “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” Rehearsals
- Bhatia Orthodontics: 233 S. Market St. – Grand Opening with free cookies and crepes
- www.wailukucam.com: Interviews with Harry Eagar, courtesy of Kama‘aina Loan, Cash for Gold and The eBay Store
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6-9pm, with Market Street closed to vehicle traffic from 530pm. Vendors, merchants and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 530pm. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kokua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9pm; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9pm.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at 808.281.2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaii Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kama‘aina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Young Brothers, Hawaii Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA and Connec, LLC. Check out Maui Friday Town Parties at www.MauiFridays.com for information on the County of Maui’s Office of Economic Development program, and follow us @mauifridays on Instagram and Facebook.