- This event has passed.
Summer of Love – Makawao Third Friday
July 21, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us Friday, July 21, 2017 as we celebrate with the theme “Summer of Love” from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town with Baldwin Avenue closed for guests joining our M3F block party! Enjoy our fabulous entertainment, food trucks and booths, arts and crafts, the oh so fun, Keiki Zone — and don’t miss our great local shopping boutiques, shops and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- MMA is excited to welcome Electric Church Maui, to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store. They’ll thrill the crowd with the sounds of Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Eric Clapton and other rock legends of the 60s and 70s to blast the night away.
- Maui Hands Art Gallery lot across from Casanova’s will have a live performance with songster Josh playing his acoustic guitar to the rhythms of old school to new school hits.
- The Get Up and Dance Troupe will be boogying down with their entertaining street line dancing. Join in the fun and get your moves on!
- Makawao Steak House features new entertainment monthly.
NEW FOR YOU:
- Come and visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in the Maui Hands lot! The new info booth is located on Makawao Avenue and a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitor questions, offer lost & found section and our new Makawao Town merchandise will be available for sale!
- Makawao Buddhist Temple will be having its Bon Dance celebration from 8 PM to 10 PM. Bon Odori (Japanese: 盆踊り), meaning simply Bon dance, is a style of dancing performed during Obon.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE:
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda Keiki Zone this month featuring the MAUI SPIDER JUMP! Hop on the spider jump for an extra-ordinary, exhilarating and unique experience!
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, also some hula hooping and lots of big and tiny bubbles for big and tiny people!
CONTINUING DOWN THE BALDWIN:
- Live music is happening on the street at the Makawao Steak House, and their pop-up tent will be serving some yummy burgers and tater tots.
- Sip Me will have outside bistro style seating available and serving up some desserts and coffee drinks.
MORE EXCITING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue and bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners.
- Artists Max Ross, mixed media artist and Dylan Kauz, live painter, spray can artist, and community muralist, will be painting and showcasing their stunning art creations next to the mainstage.
SILENT AUCTIONS AND STORE SPECIALS: Maui Hands Art Gallery presents their featured resident artist this month Jack Hamilton. Jack has been a silversmith for over 40 years and a fine art oil painter for over 20 years. He loves painting from nature and says he feels very fortunate to paint “en plein air” (in the open) on Maui.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. New vendors are joining our regulars adding a variety of great new eats and treats.
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue
CLOSED TO M3F: Makawao Buddhist Temple parking lot due to OBON Festival
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to our official event sponsor, HMSA and to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui and our merchant donors: Casanova Restaurant, Polli’s Mexican Restaurant, Maui Hands Gallery, Sherri Reeve Gallery, Fleur De Lei, Gecko Trading, Stop Watch, Makawao Steak House, Droplets and Equity One.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please contact us at www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: Event Itinerary
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Electric Church Maui
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Guitarist, Josh
- MMA & M3F Information Booth
CORNER OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Get Up & Dance Troupe
KOMODA PARKING LOT
- Maui Spider Jump & Keiki activities
MAKAWAO STEAK HOUSE
- Live music and pop up
- Bistro seating
BALDWIN AVENUE / BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
Makawao Third Friday Town Party Contact: