- This event has passed.
Makawao Third Friday Town Party: “A November to Remember”
November 17, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us Friday, November 17, 2017 from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town as we celebrate with a theme of “A November to Remember” featuring Willie K on our main stage. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street beginning 5:30 pm. Guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, arts and crafts, the Keiki Zone with magic, interactive activities, arts and crafts, and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT:
WILLIE K on the M3F main stage 7:15pm–8:45pm
We are excited to welcome Willie K to our main stage! The Hawaiian phenomenon Willie K is undoubtedly the only artist in the world who can go into an Irish pub in the middle of Maui and play anything from indigenous acoustic Hawaiian music to jazz, reggae, rock, country and even opera—and not only get away with it, but leave everyone within earshot slack-jawed in astonishment. For Willie K music is a life force, never something to take lightly.
Maui-based Tanama Colibri ~ Forever Music, will open on the main stage from 6pm–7pm. Tanama is a singer, songwriter, author and poet, and has dedicated her life to music. A plethora of genres inspire her unique style, from jazz and soul, to hip hop and Latin American folklore. She has an ardent belief that music can arouse change.
Benny Uyetake and the Kalama Intermediate Ukulele Band will perform in the Maui Hands lot, across Casanova, from 6pm–7:15pm.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE: Joined by Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Shelley Tiss and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting. The Boys and Girl Club with interactive huge bubbles. JT will be present his Paintings that Pop, henna art for kids and adults, and will have a children’s art corner making turkey popcorn bags for Thanksgiving.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
- Maui ClassicCruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information boothin front of Sherri Reeves Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitors questions, lost & found, and our new awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes are available for sale.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories and have a fabulous time!
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui. MMA is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please contact us at www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Tanama Colibri, 6:00 – 7:00
- Willie K, 7:15 – 8:45
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Ben Uyetake and the Kalama Intermediate Ukulele Band, 6:00 – 7:15
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Calvin and the Get Up and Dance troupe
BALDWIN AVENUE / BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue
M3F Town Party Event Coordinator:
DeBorah Hoopingarner 808-298-3553