- This event has passed.
Makawao Third Friday presents: “Mele Kalikimaka Makawao!”
December 15, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us Friday, December 15, 2017 from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town as we celebrate with the theme “Mele Kalikimaka in Makawao” featuring the popular Haiku Hillbillies to the main stage, 6 – 8:45 pm. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street beginning 5:15 pm. Guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, arts and crafts, the Komoda Keiki Zone, where the Da Bounce Mega Mod jumping castle will be, interactive activities, arts and crafts, and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- MMA is excited to feature the Haiku Hillbillys to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store, will have your toes tappin’ and boots stompin’ with their unique brand of ‘Funky Groovin’ Poetic Folk music.
- Maui’s favorite MC extraordinaire, Kathy “Tita” Collins will be joining our main stage for our M3F town party. She will be perform her famous “Tita’s Night Befo’ Christmas”
- Maui Based Tanama Colibri, Forrest Yasharahla and Eli Abrams, “The People” play their Soul, Blues and Original World music at the Sip Me, end of the street.
- Maui Hands Art Gallery where Santa welcomes the keiki, and Toys for Tots has drop off boxes. Please bring unwrapped toys for Maui County Keiki.
- Silversmith and fine art oil painter Jack Hamilton will be demonstrating his oil paint techniques at the Maui Hand Gallery during our M3F town party.
- Cosmic Shores presents Dragons Fire: Kauai Polynesian Short Staff Fire Dancing. Mitch April will perform top of Baldwin Avenue from 6:30-7:30
- Join in song and merriment with Jeremy Safron’s roaming Christmas Carolers.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE:
- Not just for kids! We are excited to continue our Komoda keiki zone this month featuring the the Da Bounce Mega Mod jumping castle and slide. Hop on the for happy fun times!
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, the Boys and Girl Club with interactive activities. JT will be present his Paintings that Pop, henna art for kids and adults, and will have a children’s art corner making turkey popcorn bags for Thanksgiving.
- Hope Chapel North Shore shares a live Nativity, and will have tables for folks to sit at and relax with cups of hot cocoa, hot cider and coffee.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club Will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in front of Sherri Reeves
Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitors questions, lost & found, and our new awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes are available for sale. We are holding a Merchant’s Window contest, where guests can get their walking map of participants and vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories and have a fabulous time!
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. MMA is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Haiku Hillbillys
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Santa and Toys for Tots
- TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Cosmic Shores Short Staff Fire Dancing
BALDWIN AVENUE / BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue
Makawao Third Friday Town Party Contact:
DeBorah Hoopingarner, EC, 808-298-3553