Breaking News

Community

Maui Electric and Hawai‘i Electric Light to seek more renewable energy for Maui, Lānaʻi, Moloka‘i and Hawai’i Island

Consistent with the Hawaiian Electric Companies’ updated energy action plans, Maui Electric Company and Hawai‘i Electric Light Company has asked the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to start the process to seek new renewable energy generation on Maui, Lānaʻi, Molokaʻi and Hawai‘i Island. To ensure customers benefit from these projects as soon as possible, this effort is targeting projects that …

Read More »

Save Honolua Coalition receiving donation raised with a dedicated skateboard

Since the purchase of Lipoa Point by the State of Hawaii, many people think Honolua Bay is saved. That is wrong according to Save Honolua Coalition President, Tamara Paltin, “This is just the beginning, now we must consider and discuss long term sustainable management of the land. As a community we need to continue to be involved in both the …

Read More »

Maui High Senior Renezel Lagran encourages being kind to EVERYONE

Renezel Lagran, a senior at Maui High School is making a difference on Maui by encouraging her classmates and community to be kind to EVERYONE, everyday. She kicked off a Kindness campaign this school year as her senior project. She believes in being kind to people and not expect anything in return. Listen to what her Teacher and Principal say …

Read More »

3rd Annual 2016 MAUIWatch Christmas House

This 2016 MAUIWatch has seen the most festive, unique and colorful homes in Makawao on Maui and here is a few we feel that stood out and made our cut! Mahalo for being so friendly and exited when seeing us. See you next year! Congratulations for this year featured homes and Mele Kalikimaka! (Click to Enlarge) Click here to download …

Read More »

Holiday Express raises over $6,000 for Trucker Dukes Cancer Fund

Trucker Dukes, a Maui 3-year-old fighting Neuroblastoma, and his family rode Maui’s Sugar Cane Train “Team Trucker” Holiday Express on December 22. The entire sales of tickets for the December 22nd, more than $6,000, were donated to the Trucker Dukes Cancer Fund. Trucker is home for Christmas for the first time since he began his battle with Stage IV Neuroblastoma. …

Read More »

Maui Memorial Medical Center Executes Mass Casualty Drill

Maui Memorial Medical Center (MMMC) conducted a “Mass Casualty Drill” yesterday as part of their ongoing disaster readiness program. The exercise helps evaluate the procedures that are in place to manage a catastrophic event in which a large number of people are injured and need care. The drill focuses on MMMC’s Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) which stands ready for large-scale …

Read More »

Maui’s Sugar Cane Train to Donate 100% of Ticket Sales of Holiday Express to 3-Year-Old Cancer Patient

Maui’s Sugar Cane Train to Donate 100% of Ticket Sales of Holiday Express to 3-Year-Old Cancer Patient Trucker Dukes, the son of a Maui Firefighter, and his family plan to ride on the special “Team Trucker” train on December 22, 2016 in Ka’anapali. Trucker Dukes, a Maui 3-year-old fighting Neuroblastoma, and his family will ride Maui’s Sugar Cane Train “Team …

Read More »

Maui Mall Gives Back to the Maui Food Bank & Ka Hale Ake Ola

Maui Mall is excited to announce the results from their annual Holiday Kick-Off Toy and Food Drive on November 26, 2016. During the event over 109 pounds of food, and various toys were donated to the Maui Food Bank and Ka Hale Ake Ola. The first 50 keiki who donated an item received a free photo with Santa to help …

Read More »

County-Funded E-Cycling Schedule, Holiday Clean-Up Day Announced

The County of Maui Department of Environmental Management, Environmental Protection and Sustainability Division, announced that its E-Cycling program will hold a holiday clean-up day on Thursday, Jan. 5, 2017 from 9 a.m. to noon. The holiday clean-up will be held in addition to the program’s usual schedule. The E-Cycling program is located at 901 Lower Main Street in Wailuku, down …

Read More »

Maui Electric supports infant care at Maui Memorial Medical Center

Maui Electric Company and American Savings Bank presented Maui Memorial Medical Center Foundation (MMMCF) with a donation of $44,000 to purchase crucial safety equipment for the care of newborn infants. The Panda Infant Warmers will provide vital, state-of-the-art support for the safety and health of every single baby born at the hospital. “We are so grateful for this generous grant,” …

Read More »