Kitchen Fire Damages Kahana Villa Resort Apartment

At 9:56 a.m. this morning, firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Kahana Villa Resort, 4242 Lower Honoapiilani Road, in West Maui.

A Lahaina battalion chief that happened to be nearby was first on scene at 9:59 and saw smoke coming from a 2nd floor unit. Napili firefighters arrived 2 minutes later and brought the fire under control by 10:19 a.m. The fire was called extinguished at 10:27 a.m.

Two people were living in the apartment, but no one was at home when the fire broke out. Neighbors were alerted by smoke coming from the unit and began evacuating the building. The fire was isolated to the kitchen area, on the first floor of the 2 story apartment.

Cause was determined to be an accidental fire in the kitchen. Damages were estimated to be $15,000 to the structure and $5,000 to its contents.

Crews from Napili, and Lahaina responded to the incident.

Click here to download our mobile app for your iOS and Android device.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Maui Electric moves forward on renewable energy procurement efforts for Moloka‘i, Lāna‘i

The plans for Maui Electric Company’s renewable energy push for Moloka‘i and Lāna‘i are available …